Sunday, April 25, 2010

Naming my baby

This whole idea of finding a name for my "company" has been really weighing heavily on my mind. I have been thinking about it for months, trying to find something that encompasses my spirit, personality, and creative vibe. I was working with knitting terms. Stitches sticks & string, yarnlove, yarn therapy, yarnologie. It is insane how many knitting blogs and websites there already are. I whined to my husband about it tonight, and within an hour he spouted off: "how about strawberry blond? I was stunned into silence. "I kinda like that... I kinda really like that!" He suggested I spell it strawberie since my best childhood friend calls me Erie, and presto - I have a name. I can't wait to get moving forward. I already have sketches and ideas for 4 new patterns for the summer. SO excited :) Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. strawbERIE!!! YAHOO! I'm your biggest fan already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg! That means a lot :)(and thanks for the Erie inspiration)

    ReplyDelete